DCLM Daily Manna 8th October 2020 Devotional written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: NO HIDING PLACE
TEXT: Psalm 139:1-13
1. (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13. For thou hast possessed my reins; thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
KEY VERSE: “Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” – (Psalm 139:2,7)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 8th October 2020 Devotional
The ostrich is reputed as the biggest flightless bird on earth, but has peculiar characteristics of hypocrisy, pretence and deception. This, it does in a ludicrous manner.
At the approach of trouble, ostriches lie so low, pressing their long necks to the ground, creating an impression that they bury their heads in the ground and so oblivious of what is happening around them. The futility of hiding from someone who can see through us seemed to inform the Psalmist’s submission in our text.
He acknowledged that God knew everything about him; his down sitting and uprising, all his ways and even his thought. How disgusting is it today that many people still live under the illusion that they can do evil without being found! In fact, some carry on as if there is no God, while some, though have the knowledge of God, deny the power thereof.
There are people who commit heinous crimes like murder, arson, terrorism, rape, kidnapping, ritual killing and then go underground, with the erroneous assumption that they cannot be caught. They seem to be ignorant of the fact that sin against humanity is also sin against God and they can never hide from the Omnipresent God.
All other sins, no matter how small, will also not go unnoticed and unpunished by God. Be it idol worship, immorality, covetousness, lying, theft, disobedience to constituted authorities, malice, backbiting, drunkenness, treachery and many others, whenever and wherever committed, they are all open to the eternal God, and will be appropriately judged.
To avoid the judgment of God therefore, a sinner and backslider must confess and forsake their sins, accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: From God, you can only run, but can’t hide.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 9-12
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 8th October 2020 Devotional – No Hiding Place by Pastor W.F Kumuyi