MFM Daily Devotional 9th March 2023: Lessons From The Life of Sarah (1)
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 9, 2023
Read and study Today’s MFM Daily Devotional March 9th, 2023. God bless you as you meditate, Amen.
TODAY’S TOPIC: LESSONS FROM THE LIFE OF SARAH (1)
MEMORY VERSE: Isaiah 51:2
Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
If you claim to love God, your faith and submission will be tested.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY.
You shall not be discouraged at the edge of your breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 12:5-20
PRAISE & WORSHIP
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 15 – 17; 1 Thessalonians 3 – 4.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL 9TH MARCH 2023 MESSAGE:
Today, we want to begin an exploration of the life of our faith matriarch, Sarah. We want to glean lessons from her life’s experiences that could help shape our lives and character. It will help us to take our faith to a higher level, following this godly example of obedience and steadfast faith.
The first lesson we are to learn from this matriarch is her faith and total submission, not just to Abraham her husband but to God’s word and will. It takes a woman who has fully surrendered to God to accept to follow a man on a joumey of faith. “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.” (Hebrews 11:8). Following a man that tells you he knows where he is going requires faith in itself. However, an even greater faith is required to follow a man who claims to have heard God but is not clear about where he is going. Such a level of faith is a rare one especially in this generation of ours.
- John Hagee Devotional 8 March 2023 – Wednesday
- Daily Gospel Reflections for 9th March 2023 (Thursday)
- March 8, 2023 Your Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday
Sarah accepted to follow Abraham everywhere till they got to Canaan. It was a not a journey of all roses and flowers. There were obstacles on the way, there were thorns also; there were times they both would have felt discouraged, yet, she submitted and followed all the same. Not every woman can do such! After all, she wasn’t the one God spoke to.
It was Abraham that heard from God. So, why would she kill herself following the man up and down? This woman deserves our accolades. Unlike Zipporah, Moses’ wife, who went back when it seemed the road ahead was not clear. Orpah, Naomi’s daughter in-law also could not hold on in the journey when she couldn’t see any sunshine ahead. Sarah followed through and eventually obtained the promise. Little wonder she is listed among the champions of faith in God’s word, according to Heb. 11:11.
Beloved, how much are you willing to follow God? How much are you willing to surrender to His will for your life? Remember, if you claim to love God, your faith and submission will be tested.
MFM DAILY PRAYER POINTS 9TH MARCH 2023
1. O God my Father, increase my faith, in the name of Jesus.
2. I refuse to be discouraged at the edge of my miracle, in the name of Jesus.
3. Provocations from the pit of hell, assigned to sway me from my Promise Land, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Negative patterns of near-success syndrome in my family line, die to your root, in the name of Jesus.
5. Obstacles on my way of progress, be rolled away by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. I refuse to give up, but my, problems shall give up, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall get to my Promise Land whether the devil likes it or not, in the name of Jesus.