Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional – He Makes And Unmakes Kings written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: He Makes And Unmakes Kings!
“And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen” – (Revelation 1:6).
READ: 1 Samuel 16:1-13 (KJV)
1. And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite; for I have provided me a king among his sons.
2. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD.
3. And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do; and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.
4. And Samuel did that which the LORD spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably?
5. And he said, Peaceably; I am come to sacrifice unto the LORD; sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.
6. And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD’S anointed is before him.
Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional
7. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him; for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
8. Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this.
9. Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this.
10. Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.
11. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him; for we will not sit down till he come hither.
12. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him; for this is he.
13. Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional
Irrespective of what your current state is, if you belong to God through Jesus Christ, you are a king. You might not feel like it, but the truth is, in the spirit realm you are royalty. You need to be conscious of this great privilege that Christ has bestowed on you and walk in it. Continuously doing this by faith will make your spiritual reality manifest in the physical world, such that you will begin to reign over all situations. Christ has restored us to the rightful position God created us to occupy – a position that was lost to sin and the devil in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 1:26).
As the original Kingmaker, Jesus alone has the power to make and unmake kings. In today’s Bible reading, we see how He deposed King Saul because of his careless disobedience, and how He made David King in his place. You will notice that these moves took place in the spirit realm before manifesting in the physical world. Although Saul had lost his crown, He still sat on the throne, and even though David was anointed king, he still dwelt in caves and took care of sheep.
Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional
As a king unto God, what are you doing to protect your throne and crown so that you do not lose your status like Adam and King Saul did? The surest way to protect your throne and crown is through absolute obedience to the word of God (1 Samuel 15:23). You must continuously recognize and honour the One who made you king because all power and authority belong to Him and He gives it to whoever He pleases (Romans 13:1). This is why He is called the King of kings and Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16).
Furthermore, your allegiance to Jesus Christ must be unwavering if you will not lose your status as king unto God. Are you stable in your walk with God? Do you have a place in your heart still reserved for the world? What the Lord said to the Church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:5 He says to you now:
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works: or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place except thou repent”.
It is important for you to know that dominion and power can be stolen from a king. David lost his throne for a while after his son, Absalom, stole the hearts of his subjects away from him (2 Samuel 15:6) David did not regain his throne without a fight. Sin is the “Absalom” we must fight to a standstill. Hebrews 12:4 says:
“Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sins”
As a king unto God, I encourage you to always stand your ground in Christ from today and let nothing take away your throne and crown.
PRAYER POINT: Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional
Father, help me to continually reign on Your behalf on earth until I see You in glory.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Exodus 22-23, Jeremiah 34:17-35:11
Hymn 3 – When we walk with the Lord
1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Nor a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 14 May 2019 Devotional – He Makes And Unmakes Kings written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.
Open Heaven 13 May 2019 Devotional