Open Heaven 2 August 2021 Today – Emmanuel 2; written by Pastor E.A Adeboye
TODAY OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2ND AUGUST 2021
TOPIC: EMMANUEL 2
MEMORISE: “And he said unto him, if thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” – (Exodus 33:15)
READ: Exodus 33:12-17 (KJV)
12. And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people; and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight; and consider that this nation is thy people.
14. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17. And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken; for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
OPEN HEAVEN TODAY DEVOTIONAL 2ND AUGUST 2021 MESSAGE:
One of the secrets behind the success of Moses as the leader of the Israelites is that he knew the importance of the presence of God in every aspect of life. He cherished God’s presence to the point that he would not make any move without the certainty of His approval. God told Moses that His presence would be with them (Exodus 33:14-15); this assured him of success, victory, safety and rest of mind.
It is amazing to observe that some so-called children of God feel they can achieve whatever they want to, without God in it. They live carelessly, committing acts which they know are displeasing to God, whereas our Lord Jesus Christ said: …He that abideth in me, and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. – (John 15:5).
Beloved, we dare not embark on any journey or project without the certainty of the presence of God going with us because such a venture is bound to fail. God’s presence distinguishes an individual out of the multitude. And he said unto him, if they presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? Is it not in that thou goest with us? So shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth. – (Exodus 33:15-16)
The presence of the Lord guarantees safety according to Psalm 91:1. This blessing of divine presence is what Jesus Christ whose name is Emmanuel has wrought for us according to our memory verse of today. To have God’s presence with us for guaranteed safety, success, breakthrough, victory and life eternal with Him, all we need to do is surrender to the Great Emmanuel. He will keep us now and in the world to come; He will stand by us and never leave nor forsake us.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please let me begin to enjoy Your presence like never before from today, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 25-26
HYMNAL: HYMN 13 – I’VE A MESSAGE FROM THE LORD, HALLELUJAH!
1. I’ve a message from the Lord, Halleluyah!
The message unto you I’ll give,
‘Tis recorded in His word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
“Look and live” my brother live
Look to Jesus now and live
‘Tis recorded in His word, Hallelujah
It is only that you “look and live.”
2. I’ve a message full of love, Halleluyah!
A message, O my friend, for you
‘Tis a message from above, Hallelujah!
Jesus said it and I know ’tis true.
3. Life is offered unto you, Halleluyah!
Eternal life your soul shall have
If you’ll only look to Him, Hallelujah!
Look to Jesus, who alone can save.
4. I will tell you how I came, Halleluyah!
To Jesus when He made me whole:
‘Twas believing on His name, Hallelujah!
I trusted and He saved my soul.
Thank you for reading Today’s Open Heaven 2 August 2021 Today – Emmanuel 2. God bless you!