Open Heaven 23 July 2019 – What Are You Building? By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: What Are You Building?
MEMORISE: “But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.” – (Galatians 6:4).
READ: 1 Corinthians 3:9-15 (KJV)
9. For we are labourers together with God; ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13. Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Open Heaven 23 July 2019 – MESSAGE:
While it’s one thing to build, it’s another thing to build something that benefit mankind and glorifies God Almighty. God is therefore asking you today, “What are you building?” When you consider the construction of the tower of Babel, you we understand the relevance of this question (Genesis 11:1-9).
Although those people are indeed building, they were erecting an edifice that symbolised rebellion against God. Their example shows us that anyone building anything worthwhile must build in the pattern that God has established, and whatever is being built must not go against His purpose.
Without a doubt, parents are builders of future generations, but the question is, what type of generation are they building? In Genesis 18:19, God said of Abraham as a parent:
“For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”
Can God say the same of you? Apart from parents, teachers are also builders. As a teacher what are you building in your students? A good teacher should be able to say like Paul in Philippians 3:17:
“Brethren, be followers together on me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.”
Today: Open Heaven 23 July 2019 – By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
It is unfortunate that in some places, students dictate to teachers what the standard should be. Wherever this is happening, something is fundamentally wrong. A bad teacher will definitely build a faulty generation.
Eventually, a bad teacher will definitely reap the reward of their work. The story was told of a bad teacher who produces a half-baked medical doctor. Years later, this doctor was complicit in the death of the teacher’s child. Minister of the gospel are also builders. In fact, they are the greatest builder of all because they build the Body of Christ.
Paul wrote in today’s Bible reading that by God’s grace, he was a wise master builder who had laid the foundation of faith in people’s lives, warning other to be careful for how they built on that foundation. Why? The answer is found in (1 Corinthians 3:11), which says:
“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
From this, we understand that it is possible to build junk upon a golden foundation. Such foundation. Such a building will not stand the test of time. Beloved, what are you building with your life?
Remember the every man’s work shall be tested by fire, and if it is burnt, it is counted as loss to its owner. This will not be your portion in Jesus’ Name.
Father, please make me a wise and faithful builder in Your vineyard, in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 22, Ezekiel 21:6-23
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 23 July 2019 – What Are You Building? By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.