Open Heaven 6 March 2019 Devotional – Go For The Unoccupied Lands written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: Go For The Unoccupied Lands
“And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.” – (Luke 19:13).
READ: Joshua 18:1-6 (KJV) – Open Heaven 6 March 2019
1. And the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled together at Shiloh, and set up the tabernacle of the congregation there. And the land was subdued before them.
2. And there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes, which had not yet received their inheritance.
3. And Joshua said unto the children of Israel, How long are ye slack to go to possess the land, which the LORD God of your fathers hath given you?
4. Give out from among you three men for each tribe; and I will send them, and they shall rise, and go through the land, and describe it according to the inheritance of them; and they shall come again to me.
5. And they shall divide it into seven parts; Judah shall abide in their coast on the south, and the house of Joseph shall abide in their coasts on the north.
6. Ye shall therefore describe the land into seven parts, and bring the description hither to me, that I may cast lots for you here before the LORD our God.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 6 March 2019 Devotional:
When you read from the first chapter of the book of Joshua, you will realise that before the people of God gathered in Shiloh to set up the tabernacle of assembly in the eighteenth chapter, they had already been dwelling in the Promised Land. Today’s Bible reading even indicates that the land was subdued before them. However, up till the moment, there was still a large proportion of the Promised Land they had not occupied. When Joshua did an assessment of their progress so far, he discovered that seven tribes out of twelve were yet to receive their inheritance. Although God had given them this land by covenant and divine decree, it was still their responsibility to take it.
In Joshua 18:3b, Joshua perturbed by their slothfulness in taking their possession, lamented before the people saying:
“How long are ye slack to go to possess the land, which the LORD God of your fathers hath given you?”
In like manner, our Lord Jesus Christ has conquered the world for us, but we are yet to possess all the conquered territories of the inhabited world. As the Body of Christ, are we not becoming guilty of the same slothfulness exhibited by the servant with one pound in Luke 19:20, who refused to occupy before the Master’s return?
Another disheartening dimension of our failure to occupy is that territories which had been occupied by our forebears – the fathers of the early Church – have been recaptured by satanic agents, under the guise of religion.
Instead of taking over unoccupied territories, we are even losing the occupied ones! This is the reason why a territory such as Constantinople (modern-day Turkey) needs to be repossessed for Christ today. Let us learn from today’s Bible reading and respond positively to the Great Commission. It is time for us to go for unoccupied territories and re-occupy those that have been lost. Open Heaven 6 March 2019
There is a tendency for us to lose or limit the deep meaning of the command to “occupy”. It means much more than getting busy. It means we should spiritually take possession of territories, so that Jesus is enthroned as Lord over the whole earth. Beloved, how engaged are you for the Lord? What territories are you occupying for Christ?
Are there no unoccupied territories very close to you in your father’s house? Are there no souls the devil has captured for decades before and after you became born again? God is commanding you today. “Occupy souls for Christ.” To be effective in this assignment, you yourself must be occupied by the Holy Spirit, having given your life to Christ. The Lord will help you and go with you as you strive to fulfil this assignment in Jesus’ Name.
PRAYER POINT – Open Heaven 6 March 2019 Devotional:
Father, occupy my life so that I can occupy territories and influence others for You.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 27-28, Isaiah 55
HYMNAL: Hymn 15 – Must I go and empty handed?
1. Must I go and empty handed?
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him
Lay no trophy at His feet?
Must I go and empty handed?
Must I meet my Saviour so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him?
Must I empty handed go
2. Not at death I shrink or falter
For my Saviour saves me now
But to meet Him empty handed
Thought of that now clouds my brow.
3. Oh, the years of sinning wasted
Could I but recall them now
I would give them to my Saviour
To His will I’d gladly bow.
4. O ye saints, arouse, be earnest
Up and work while yet ’tis day
Ere the night of death o’er take thee
Strive for souls while still you may.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 6 March 2019 Devotional – Go For The Unoccupied Lands written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.