RCCG Open Heaven 5th March 2022 | Benefits of Intercession 2
Welcome to Open Heaven Daily Devotional for Saturday 5 March 2022 written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. May the Lord bless you as you study today.
RCCG Open Heaven 5th March 2022 Heaven Devotional
TOPIC: BENEFITS OF INTERCESSION 2
OPEN HEAVEN TODAY 5 MARCH 2022 MEMORISE:
“Who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.” – (Romans 8:34)
READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-8 (KJV)
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
7. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
8. I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
RCCG Open Heaven 5th March 2022 | MESSAGE:
We would continue with the discussion we started yesterday on the benefits of intercessions. In our Bible reading today, we are exhorted expressly to engage in intercessions for all men and specifically for our leaders. In this text we see some important benefits of interceding for our leaders.
The Bible says our intercession for our leaders will cause us to lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty. This is very important because living under an ungodly leader will promote corruption, as well as a departure from the faith. The Bible says, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule the people mourn” – (Proverbs 29:2). In order not to mourn therefore, we must intercede for our leaders-spiritual, political and so on. Believers must therefore not join the world in cursing our leaders but rather pray for them so we can lead a peaceful and godly life.
Intercession can also bring about a positive transformation in the life of the intercessor. In Job 42:10 we see that the Lord turned around the captivity of Job after he prayed for his friends. We should also note that Job prayed for his friends while he was still in distress and under intense attack from the enemy. This tells us that God expects us to engage in intercession irrespective of the situation we may be faced with and He will reward our labour of love.
Another benefit of intercession is revealed in the effect it has on unbelievers. When we intercede for sinners that they may be saved, our society will be safe for us to live in. As a matter of fact, law enforcement agents may eventually go on holidays when people are converted from criminal tendencies as a result of our intercession.
In addition, our intercessory efforts would complement the work of our Great Intercessor – Jesus Christ, who is presently at the right hand of God, interceding for us. As followers of Christ, we must emulate Him and commit to a lifestyle of interceding for all men.
ACTION POINT: Put up an intercessory programme for some specific people who need divine intervention in your locality.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 29-31
HYMN 22 – SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER! SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER!
1. Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne
Make all my want and wishes known;
In seasons of distress and grief,
My soul has often found relief,
And oft escaped the tempter’s snare,
By the return, sweet hour of prayer.
2. Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
Thy wings shall my petition bear,
To Him whose truth and faithfulness
Engage the waiting soul to bless;
And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His word and trust His grace,
I’ll cast on Him my every care,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.
3. Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
May I thy consolation share,
Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
I view my home, and take my flight:
This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise
To seize the ever lasting prize;
And shout while passing through the air,
Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer.