Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th September 2020 – Living To Please God
TODAY’S TOPIC: LIVING TO PLEASE GOD
Grant me grace dear Lord to apply what you will teach me today as I read this passage.
SCRIPTURE: 1 Thessalonians 4:1–12
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
TODAY’S WORD: Paul encouraged the Thessalonian church of the need to continue to live lives pleasing to the Lord God. What is the Lord’s intention for us today (v.3a)? Many go to church nowadays, but the lives they are living outside the church do not show the example left for us by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Youths as well as adults must live to please the Lord daily. See Leviticus 19:1–2. Read vv.2–7 again and take note of what you need to do to be holy. Also read Ephesians 5:1–4; Romans 12:1–2. Fornication and adultery is so rampant nowadays even among those who confess Christ.
Write down in your note book other things we must do so as to please God? The Thessalonian Christians were expecting Jesus to come back very soon that some of them stopped working. As a result, they couldn’t supply their needs.
This gave them a bad reputation in the city. The reverse is often the case today, forgetting that Jesus is coming again, and getting lost in earthly things (career, money and possessions). Paul gave practical instructions concerning how we should live while awaiting our Lord’s return (vv.11–12).
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• And so: Learn to lead a quiet life so that your daily life may win the respect of the unbelievers.
• May my life, O God, reflect your image in which I have been recreated in Christ.
• Thank God for His love which He has demonstrated in diverse ways of salvation, health, provisions, safety, etc.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Leviticus 20:8
Read The Bible In One Year
Ezek. 22–23; John 13:1–20
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th September 2020 – Living To Please God. Please share this with other people.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th September 2020