Scripture Union Daily Guide 2nd October 2020
TOPIC: YOUR WORD IS MY ONLY HOPE
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, grant me understanding and illumination as I ponder on your word in Jesus name.
Key Verse: Psalm 119: 25 – 48
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any prayer for me to remember?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 2nd October 2020
Note the brokenness of the Psalmist and his submission under God’s word, (vv.25–32). Does it challenge you? The way the structure of vv.33–39 is constructed is very significant. Observe how each verse begins and note what the Holy Spirit says to you in each. The last command our Lord gives us is to make disciples and teach (Matthew 28:19–20).
This section opens with the prayer: “Teach me, oh Lord.” Unless the Lord teaches us, we cannot teach others. He is the one who gives understanding (v.34). He directs our paths and helps us not to fill our hearts and lives with covetousness (v.36). Through his word, he assures us of his love and shows us the way of salvation (v.41).
It is only when we delight in the word of God that we will not be ashamed to speak to kings (v.46), presidents, leaders, children or youth about Christ. Without the Lord’s teaching and our understanding of his word, proclaiming the good news and teaching converts will be a big problem.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Action: Meditate on the benefits we derive from the Word of God
• Ask for God’s wisdom in His word to transform your life today.
• Thank God for the huge impact of the Bible on human souls and the power in it to transform lives.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Joel 2:21
Read The Bible In One Year: Ezek. 33–34; John 16
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 2nd October 2020 – Your Word Is My Only Hope