Scripture Union Daily Guide 8th February 2024 || Jesus, The Light of the World
Scripture Union Daily Guide 8 February 2024 (Thursday)
Do You Know That? Daily Guide Reading is published by Scripture Union Press & Books Ltd, an arm of Scripture Union Nigeria. Daily Guide is a true nondenominational, interdenominational Christian Bible engagement/reading aid – meditate on the Bible without denominational colorations. May the Lord bless you as you study!
TODAY’S TOPIC: JESUS, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
Opening Prayer:Dear Lord, grant me understanding and illumination as I ponder on your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: JOHN 8:12-20
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q 1: What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Q5: Is there any warning for me to heed?
Outline For Scripture Union Daily Guide 8 February 2024
Imagine a world without light. That would be a horrible place to live in (see Exodus 10:21-23). Jesus introduces Himself as the light of the world (v.12). This means that without Jesus, life is meaningless and directionless.
Ordinarily one would expect that everybody will love and embrace the light but, surprisingly, people love darkness rather than light. Observe the reaction of the Pharisees to Jesus’ offer of His light to the world (v.13). Why do people love darkness? See John 3:19-21.
Light dispels darkness, gives direction, and helps us to see dangers ahead. As the light, Jesus delivers us from falsehood and deceptions of Satan. With Jesus, we cannot stumble, and we cannot miss the way in life.
Light symbolizes the truth. Jesus is also the truth and the way (John 14:6). We cannot claim to love Jesus if we hate the truth (His Word). In fact, how we react and respond to God’s Word is a sign of our love or hatred for Jesus (John 1:1). To enjoy this light, we must increasingly hunger and thirsty for the truth (Philippians 3:10).
So what? How have you been responding to the truth? Decide to love and embrace the truth more than you did in the past.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Father; help me to love and walk in the truth daily.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalms 107:6
One-Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 39 – Exodus 28-29
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN FEBRUARY 8, 2024
IMPACTFUL OUTREACHES AND EVANGELISM
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” Romans 10:15
THANK GOD FOR:
● The opportunities to share the good news of Christ with others.
● The lives transformed through Scripture Union outreaches and evangelism efforts.
• Anointing and boldness for all SU members to be effective witnesses.
• Open doors and receptive hearts as we share the gospel.
• Grace for effective nuture of converts
• Success of the National Grassroots Summit holding at Area level
● Resistance to the gospel message.
● Anything that hinders the success of our outreach and evangelism.