UCB Word For Today 23 July 2022 | Science Recognises The Power of Prayer (3)
Read and Meditate on Today’s United Christian Broadcasters, UCB Word For Today, 22nd July 2022. God bless you as you study today!
UCB WORD FOR TODAY 23 JULY 2022, SATURDAY
TODAY’S TOPIC: SCIENCE RECOGNISES THE POWER OF PRAYER 3
SCRIPTURE: ‘Pray one for another, that ye may be healed.’ – James 5:16 KJV
Paul writes, ‘Instead of worrying…shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down’ (Philippians 4:6-7 MSG). Here are three final thoughts on the power of prayer:
1) Researchers at the University of Saskatchewan found that when prayer and religious practices are important to people, their stress levels plummet and they experience much less anxiety.
2) University of Texas researchers determined that people who regularly attend church take a more active role in maintaining their health. They’re more likely to get regular check-ups and take vitamins, and less likely to abuse alcohol and tobacco. They also tend to exercise daily and get a good night’s sleep. Consequently, they live longer, healthier lives. The Bible says your body is the home of the Holy Spirit…it doesn’t belong to you (see 1 Corinthians 6:19), so you must respect and take care of it.
3) Research on Aging published study results from three major universities showing that people who hold meaningful religious beliefs and live accordingly are less likely to suffer from heart disease. The key lies in the critical role of blood pressure and heart disease. People who described their perspective as, ‘My religious beliefs are what lie behind my approach to life,’ had healthier blood pressure readings and weren’t negatively affected when they experienced stress.
It’s important to note that all these research reports were published by secular, non-religious institutions. The truth is, daily prayer enriches and enhances every aspect of your life.
BIBLE READING: Esther 9-10, Romans 12
UCB Word For Today 23 July 2022 | Saturday Daily Devotional
- Streams of JOY Devotional 23 July 2022 | You Will Rise
- NSPPD 23 July 2022 | Strange Acts of God
- SEEDS of DESTINY | 23 JULY 2022 | SOD Today – Dr Paul Enenche
- Kenneth Copeland 23 July 2022 | Faith To Faith Devotional
- Daily Guide 23rd July 2022 | Scripture Union