UCB Word For Today 29 April 2022 Friday | The Benefits of Being Unselfish
Read and Meditate on Today’s United Christian Broadcasters, UCB Word For Today, 29th April 2022. May the Almighty God bless you as you study!
APRIL 29, 2022 UCB WORD FOR TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE BENEFITS OF BEING UNSELFISH
SCRIPTURE: ‘Look out…for the interests of others.’ Philippians 2:4 NKJV
Unselfishness does three things for you:
1) It improves the quality of your life. It gives you an appreciation for life and a comprehension of its higher values. Seeing people in need and giving to meet those needs sets a lot of things into perspective. One leader writes: ‘There is no life as empty as the self-centred life. There is no life as centred as the self-empty life.’ If you want to enhance your world, focus your attention on assisting others.
2) It makes you part of something greater than yourself. In the mid-1980s, Merck & Company, the global pharmaceutical corporation, developed a medication to cure river blindness, a disease that infects and causes blindness in millions of people, mainly in developing countries. While it was a good product, potential customers couldn’t afford it. So, what did Merck do?
It produced the drug anyway and announced that it would give it free to anyone who needed it. As a result, they gave away more than 250 million tablets. George W. Merck says, ‘We try never to forget that medicine is for the people. It’s not for the profits. The profits follow, and if we have remembered that, they have never failed to appear.’ The lesson to learn? Simple. Instead of attempting to be great, be part of something greater than yourself.
3) It creates a legacy. Jack Balousek, former president of True North Communications, said, ‘Learn, earn, return – these are the three phases of life.’ When you think unselfishly and invest in others, you gain the opportunity to create a legacy that will outlive you. And that should be your goal.
BIBLE READING: 1 Samuel 17-18, John 12:1-26
Thanks for reading UCB Word For Today 29 April 2022 Friday | The Benefits of Being Unselfish
- April 29, 2022 Daily Gospel Reflections | Friday of the Second Week of Easter
- Our Daily Bread 29 April 2022 | ODB Devotional Today
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 29 April 2022 | Friday Message
- Daily Guide 29 April 2022 | Scripture Union Devotional
- Seeds of Destiny Friday 29th April 2022 | SOD Today