DCLM Daily Manna 7th July 2022 | Thursday – Conquering Curses
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Thursday 7 July 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 7TH JULY 2022 THURSDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: CONQUERING CURSES
TEXT: Joshua 19:1-9
1. And the second lot came forth to Simeon, even for the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families; and their inheritance was within the inheritance of the children of Judah.
2. And they had in their inheritance Beersheba, or Sheba, and Moladah,
3. And Hazarshual, and Balah, and Azem,
4. And Eltolad, and Bethul, and Hormah,
5. And Ziklag, and Bethmarcaboth, and Hazarsusah,
6. And Bethlebaoth, and Sharuhen; thirteen cities and their villages;
7. Ain, Remmon, and Ether, and Ashan; four cities and their villages;
8. And all the villages that were round about these cities to Baalathbeer, Ramath of the south. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families.
9. Out of the portion of the children of Judah was the inheritance of the children of Simeon; for the part of the children of Judah was too much for them; therefore the children of Simeon had their inheritance within the inheritance of them.
KEY VERSE: “Out of the portion of the children of Judah was the inheritance of the children of Simeon: for the part of the children of Judah was too much for them: therefore the children of Simeon had their inheritance within the inheritance of them” – (Joshua 19:9)
DCLM Daily Manna 7th July 2022 | Thursday Message:
It has been claimed that the last words of a dying old man often attract attention and carry the weight of credibility. His children and other relatives would gather around to hear him speak words of wisdom and hope needed to face a future without him. So, Jacob, at the point of death at an old age of 147 years, summoned his children and gave them parting words. Of concern in our text is the tribe of Simeon, which fell under Jacob’s curse.
The tribe would be scattered among the tribes of Israel, according to the curse. This was fulfilled in the days of Joshua who gave Simeon an inheritance within Judah’s. As it was the task of each tribe to conquer the inhabitants of its allotted tract of land, Judah sought the help of Simeon to accomplish the work. That was how the children of Simeon were included in the tribe of Judah. Bible scholars say after the Simeonites were absorbed by Judah, they began to live in several towns and surrounding pasturelands.
God was gracious to Simeon that He moved Joshua to include his descendants among those to benefit from the territories of the Promised Land despite Jacob’s curse and omission in Moses’ farewell blessings on the children of Israel in Deuteronomy 33. The kindness of God showed up for Simeon when Moses blessed the people and mentioned him as one of the tribes to cross Jordan.
Purchased through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, believers are free from the curse of sin. They are free from the cultic utterances of evil personalities. When sinners embrace Christ and remain with Him all their lives without compromising, they become “free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Christ is the cure for curses.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 21-23