MFM Daily Devotional 11th March 2023: Lessons From The Life of Sarah (3)
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 11, 2023
Read and study Today’s MFM Daily Devotional March 11th, 2023. God bless you as you meditate, Amen.
TODAY’S TOPIC: LESSONS FROM THE LIFE OF SARAH (3)
MEMORY VERSE: PSALMS 90:17a
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us….
Beauty is power; to be beautiful in the Lord is the most powerful.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
The ambiance of God’s glory and beauty shall permeate your life, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 12:11-20
PRAISE & WORSHIP
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 21 – 23; 2 Thessalonians 2 – 3.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL 11TH MARCH 2023 MESSAGE:
Today, we want to look at another stunning attribute of mother Sarah: beauty, cleanliness and modesty. At about the age of 65, the Bible affirms that Sarah was very fair to look upon to the extent that even Egyptian princes saw and commended her beauty before their leader.
This highly spiritual woman of faith must have taken care of herself well enough to look so good, even at that age. A woman of wholesome character is beautiful inside out. She was not just all about being spiritual yet neglecting the other aspects of her life. She did not spend all her time on doing spiritual activities while her surroundings remain unkempt. She was balanced on all fronts.
It is very true that obsession with looking good and an overrated emphasis on physical beauty is quite a distraction. “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the Lord, shall be praised.” Investing only on ephemeral things while ignoring our eternal soul could be damning. However, the Bible is never silent on the beauty of some women. In the Scriptures, we see how even God appreciates good looks and cleanliness. Naomi, when seeking marital rest for Ruth advised her thus: “Now do as I tell you- take a bath and put on perfume and dress in your nicest clothes… “Ruth 3:3a (NLT).
- Rick Warren Daily Hope for 10th March 2023
- 10 March 2023 Turning Point With Dr. David Jeremiah Daily Devotional
- Dr. Charles Stanley 10 March 2023 In Touch Daily Devotional
As heaven-bound godly women (and men too), we must learn to live a balanced life such that as the soul is flourishing, the body is not neglected to decay and vice versa (3John 2). The soul needs the body to function. Eating the right kind of foods could open the mind to a deeper understanding of the scriptures (1 Kings19:8). A skillfully decorated home could create the right ambiance for fellowship; and a neatly worn clothing can make a powerful statement about the dignity of the soul beneath the skin.
A little sleep and rest would make a whole of difference! As such, the body needs to be respected and kept in good condition. Sarah mastered this art well. She was a testament that one can be godly and beautiful. Beloved, let’s take care of ourselves, body, soul and spirit.
MFM DAILY PRAYER POINTS 11TH MARCH 2023
1. O God my Father, bestow Your heavenly beauty upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. Aura of God’s glory, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. Evil aura, programmed against my person, expire and clear away, in the name of Jesus.
4. Negative ambiance, scaring away my helpers, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every evil aura around my life, scaring away good people, expire and die now, in the name of Jesus.
6. Glory of God that has departed from my life, be restored, in the name of Jesus. 7. Glory and beauty of the living God, overhaul my totality, in the name of Jesus.