Open Heaven 23 February 2019 Saturday Devotional – The Devil Unmasked written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
TOPIC: The Devil Unmasked
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;” – (Hebrews 2:14).
READ: Genesis 3:1-7 (KJV)
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden;
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die;
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
MESSAGE (Open Heaven 23 February 2019 Saturday Devotional):
The devil is a wicked, deceitful, devious and cunning personality who always seeks to influence people for his own evil purposes. When he craftily approached Adam and Eve as a serpent in the Garden of Eden and presented his evil theory of them for consideration, little did they know that they were being targeted for death and destruction. The devil is sly, and his proposals must always be critically analysed to fish out all contradictions with the word of God.
In John 8:44, the Lord Jesus Christ describes the devil as follows:
“…He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
What a damning depiction! Satan is a liar who loves to give empty promises; believe him at your own peril. He is also a master of rebellion and a covenant breaker. Those who trust and depend on him are bound to be disappointed. He is unrepentantly evil and has been a murderer from the very beginning. He is determined to steal, kill and destroy anyone who deals with him in ignorance. Those who have dealt with him know that he is in the habit of promising to protect people’s children from death at night, only to demand for those same children as breakfast. In other words, what he gives you with the right hand he takes away with the left. Are you in any form of covenant with the devil, and you are afraid to break it? I bring you the word of the Lord in Isaiah 28:18, which says:
“And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand;”
Yes, you can be free! God is willing to liberate you from the shackles of the covenant today.
Today’s Open Heaven 23 February 2019 Saturday Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Children of God must learn that the devil cannot be trusted under any circumstance. He is a very smart deceiver that has succeeded in misleading several individuals, including Adam and Eve, Judas Iscariot, Ananias and Sapphira, Ahab, Jezebel, Peter, and many more. As seen in Exodus 7?:11?-12, the devil even works counterfeit miracles and also has false prophets appointed to corrupt the message of the gospel and hoodwink people (2 Corinthians 11?:14?-15). He even deliberately misuses scriptures to sow doubt in the minds of God’s people (Matthew 4:6). Stand your ground against him, and never fall for any of his antics.
Father, don’t let me ever fall victim to the devil’s deception in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 7, Isaiah 45:14-25
HYMNAL: Hymn 13 – I am a victor
1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror,
Much stronger than all my foes.
Jesus loves me and I love Him,
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word.
2. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than demons I am,
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am.
3. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for,
I have life abundantly.
4. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled.
5. Yes, I know I am a victor,
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed.
6. Yes, I know I am a victor,
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer.
7. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home.
8. Jesus loves me and I love Him,
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah.
9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah,
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven for 23 February 2019 Saturday Devotional – The Devil Unmasked. Please share with others. God bless you.