Scripture Union Daily Guide 28 November 2022 | Devotional
Do You Know That? Daily Guide Reading is published by Scripture Union Press & Books Ltd, an arm of Scripture Union Nigeria. Daily Guide is a true nondenominational, interdenominational Christian Bible engagement/reading aid – meditate on the Bible without denominational colorations. May the Lord bless you as you study!
Today’s Topic: Power and pride led to Uzziah’s downfall
Opening Prayer: Oh Lord, fill me with the power of the Holy Ghost as I study your word.
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 26: 1‐23
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any command for me to obey?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Other Daily Devotionals You Can Read Today:
- John Hagee Devotional 24 November 2022 – Thursday
- Prophetic Word For Today 24 November 2022 | Thursday
- November 24, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Thursday
Today’s Outline For Scripture Union Daily Guide 28 November 2022
This is another example of a man who started well and ended badly. The early years of Uzziah’s long reign was full of great achievements in many areas including national reconstruction (vs.9‐10), agriculture (v.10), military exploits (vs.6‐8) and administration (vs.11‐15). Notice the two reasons for his many successes (vs.5,7).
What a difference godly advisers can make in the lives and government of our leaders. Like many of us, Uzziah could not manage success. He allowed his many successes to puff him up leading to his downfall (v.16). Proverbs 16:18 remains eternally true. The end of Uzziah is a warning to us.
Reflection: See how Azariah and the team of 80 priests boldly confronted the king (vs.17‐18). How does this compare with the relationship between church and State in the African continent? God’s word is alive and powerful. Even though Uzziah was not ready to listen, God’s word accomplished what it was sent to do (vs.19‐20; see also Isaiah 55:10‐11).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Dear Lord, help me to avoid pride and misuse of power and success. Enable me to always seek you and do what is right in your eyes.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
Numbers 23:21; Philippians 3, 4; Proverbs 18